08.00 - 18.00Contact Details
Wat Ratchapadit is a relatively compact temple, built in 1864 on a former coffee plantation King Rama IV bought to turn it into a temple of Dhammayutika Nikaya, an austere order of Buddhism founded by himself, so that people living in the Grand Palace had a place to practice meditation near their residences. Wall paintings in the main ordination hall are also the highlights. The wall paintings depicts the royal ceremonies over 12 months, as well as some significant works and events of King Rama IV.
Opening hours: Daily 8 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Contact: Mahachai Road, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok, tel : 0 2222 0855, www.rajapradit.org